1. I met a man (slim changes it would be a female) who told me he had been to England. His second sentence was: ‘There are no goats in England!’ Here in Dutse, it would be very strange to go out and not see a goat on the streets.
2. I visited a very large primary school to meet a Head Teacher and I found him sat at his desk listening to the radio because he had nothing else to do!!! When I asked to borrow the curriculum, he couldn’t find any.
3. I had my first experience of being sick here in Nigeria, (food poisoning) and actually vomited in a primary school. (That bit didn’t make me smile.) So I take to my bed and spend the rest of the day sleeping, only to have to continuously get up, quickly change to make myself presentable as I was of course sleeping in my pyjamas and looked a mess, and greet visitors. It didn’t take me long to realise that I should just sleep in my clothes ready for the next visitor.
4. Whilst supporting class teacher training I discovered one group of teachers who were counting to 11 had missed out numbers 7 and 8! (Eyes up to heaven as I smile.)
5. Half of the class of class teachers were seriously debating that prime numbers is something that should be taught in Class 2!!! (Breathing deeply to stay calm as I smile.)
6. Watching the sunset over the rocks with friends.